What He Does
Phillip is an engaging and transformational speaker who speaks on a range of topics around leadership, high performance teams and culture.
- Leadership Without Silver Bullets
- Navigating Change
- Cultural Transformation
- Creating the High Performance Team You Need; and
- Resilience For The Real World.
Phillip is engaged by some of Australia’s largest and most successful companies to provide guidance and advise on creating sustainable high performance organisations through a powerful multi-disciplinary, solution-based approach. He does this by bringing thought leadership to today’s challenging organisational context.
Some of the areas Phillip supports organisations include:
- Culture Change (high performance; achievement; values)
- Engagement assessment and broad-based strategies to improve organisational engagement
- Organisational alignment (behaviours, symbols, systems)
- Change and Innovation
- Building leadership capability
Phillip is a highly skilled executive coach. Using a very collaborative style and well developed tools and techniques, Phillip helped me position myself as a CEO and build a development path into the future, as an experienced senior executive. I can highly recommend Phillip to anyone who needs an experienced executive coach to take them to the next level in their executive career.”
Chief Executive Officer
Dentsu Aegis Network Australia & New Zealand
As an executive coach, Phillip works with Chief Executives, Executives and Directors to support them to achieve their goals and the organisation’s goals.
The principles that help guide the coaching approach include:
- A specific outcome or goal that both parties work toward
- A rationale for how coaching fits the client’s needs/circumstances
- A procedure or set of steps that is consistent with the rationale
- A meaningful relationship between coach and client such that the client believes the coach is working in the client’s best interests
- A collaborative working alliance in which the coach’s explicit role is to expand the client’s development, performance, or skills
- The client’s ability and readiness to change and the extent to which the client is able and willing to change
- The coach’s ability and readiness to help the client’s change process.
This work exposes many of the myths about leadership and presents a very clear and practical guide to what effective leadership is really about. Any organisation would benefit by following the principles outlined to raise the bar on leadership and organisational performance.”
Managing Director of Retail Distribution
Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) Melbourne, Australia
Phillip has written and contributed to several books, including Leadership Without Silver Bullets: A Guide to Exercising Leadership, acclaimed by business leaders and experts as a no-nonsense guide to leadership that cuts through the usual rhetoric. He also contributed to two new books: Emerging Trends in Leadership and Strategy and The World Book of Values. Phillip’s fourth book (in progress) addresses the challenges of real world people development and how to create and sustain a capable and motivated workforce.